No Time for Self Pity
I gained a pound this week
After loosing 7 pounds this month, I gained one. I guess 7 steps forward and 1 step back is better than the 2:1 ratio, right? Oh well. Yesterday I pouted a little, but who wouldn't? I also ate plenty, but MOSTLY healthy food last night at a BBQ. One bad weigh in wasn't going to ruin my enjoying a small handful of chips and a little dessert. Sorry, I just don't want to be skinny that bad.
But that was yesterday. It's a new week. Laying in bed listening to SuperT play quietly in my room, I evaluated last week.
I found three things that probably added into my weight loss problems.
- I didn't record or count my calories. I had been using My Fitness Pal from the Apple store. It's great. Keeps you on track and you can record exercise and food to make sure you're getting enough of both. I felt a little over confident and decided not to. Bad choice.
- I also didn't get in as much exercise. Monday I was suffering some monthly discomfort and decided against real exercise and played with the boys instead. Tuesday I started getting ready when a friend needed me. I gave up that WO to help her. I love you girl! On wednesday I think I worked out. Thursday my movie kept skipping and I lost my mojo. Friday just happended without a WO. No idea why. Saturday I had problems with the movie again. But yesterday I did a lot of swimming with the boys to make up for the lack of exercise. Today I'm starting something new, as soon a I hit 'post'!!
- Maybe I gained muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat and I did fit in an old dress better yesterday. However, I kinda doubt that's the 'problem'. I plan on upping my game anyway. If I'm gaining muscle then I might not lose the total 18 pounds by Labor Day that I planned on.... But I'll be loosing fat and that will be noticeable for sure.
So What Now
Well, now I move on. No pity right? I found, on Pinterest of course, a Ballet Boot Camp Challenge. A few days a week you do a bar routine that prevention.com has laid out for you. A few other days per week you do cardio of your choice for 30 minutes. I'm going to take up kickboxing I think. Sounds fun. Anyway they tested this out on real women and they lost UP TO 3 1/2 pounds per week. Many noticed less lower back pain. Awesome! It's a combination of yoga, Pilates and strength training. I'm kinda excited, except for the part where I'll have to do the bar routine on my front porch.... No space inside, and our ground is bumpy. Add that to a lawn chair and my clumsiness and I'll wind up breaking a bone or something.
It's a 25 day challenge and today is day one!
What are you doing to sty fit or get in shape?
Edited to add: DAY 1 FINISHED!!

Man, it was tough! I wound up taking 5-15 reps off a few of the exercises. My favorite was the scissor one at the end. Thought I was going to DIE but I did all 25 reps!
No comments:
Post a Comment