Verse

Proverbs 22:6. Train up a child in the way that he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.(NASB)

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday Wrapup: NCHEA ’13

I'm going to be 100% honest.  This wasn't a great week.  In fact, this whole month, besides some wonderful family gatherings and highlights, has been difficult.  In fact about 20 minutes ago I told Prince Charming that I really just don't feel normal or even sane.  But here are some of the highlights mixed with a few lows from the past week.


HIGHLITE!!  My brother stopped by for a birthday visit.  I really don't see him often enough.  Both boys loved on him a little too!



I picked up my needles again.  And promptly put them back down. Seriously, right after taking this cast on picture I set them down.  Haven't locked at them since. 


I started circuit training, jump roping 1 minute and doing as many reps of strength training as I can before more jumping. I also tarted replacing one or two meas per day with green smoothes or salads.





Thursday was my last day babysitting.  It was one of my lows.  It was also SuperThomas's day to start screaming nonstop.  He was overtired, going through a growth spurt and constantly hungry.  He has also had a pretty difficult week.  Lucky for him our schedule is freeing up for more sleep time ;)


I went to my first NCHEA conference on Friday while PC stayed home with the boys.  It was way overwhelming.  I had a migraine and seriously ran to the bathroom to stop what is probably the closest I've ever come to a true panic attack.  I have no idea what I would have done if I didn't know exactly what curriculum I was getting.


Here are my favorite little men.  The HIGHLITE of their week was staying with their Cubbies leaders (AWANAS) on Saturday while dad and I went to the end of the NCHEA conference.  They got to go to the Lauritzen Gardens in Omaha to see the Lego display.  


You know it's April in Nebraska if you still have to scrape ice at 8am.


Over The lunch break Prince Charming and I stopped at our favorite hole in the wall Mexican place.  It's on 27th and O n Lincoln.  Seriously... Go there. I had my favorite, Tacos El Pastor.  I have no idea if I spelled that correctly or not!


Sunday was my first real planned children's church.  We talked about the first three days of creation.  We also made ornaments that look like the world.



Another fun thing!  My avocados have roots!!



Batman loves the wood shapes I bought at NCHEA and the free printables I found. Search Pinterest.  Or wait for the upcoming post... I'll link all my sources ;)



My printers the best ;). HP 6400.  Love it.










The boys are learning to make their beds.  



I also started organizing our homeschool space, one day a a time.  You'll see I have a blog series planned on it starting April 30th.  

Lot of great things are going on in my life as you can see.  I have soooooo much to be thankful for.  The only real downer is not getting to see my nieces much anymore.  But even that is a good thing... They have a new home, better suited to their lives and family size. Our schedule is slwing down some.  homeschooling will be easier next fall.  I'm not sure why nothing feels right at the moment, but its not for lack of blessings.  God has been amazing to me ;)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment