Verse

Proverbs 22:6. Train up a child in the way that he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.(NASB)

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's Unofficially Official

We ARE homeschooling. We just haven't announced it yet. I decided to do that a bit later. Maybe after we actually put money down on some curriculum. I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about making an official announcement. Maybe I never will make an actual announcement, just let people find out as they ask Dizzy about school or ask me how he's enjoying kindergarten.

I decided to start blogging our journey through homeschooling. I don't even know how long it will last. As the title of this blog states we're taking it a year at a time. If you faithfully read this you will see just how long winded I can be, as well as the good, the bad and the ugly of our first real attempts at non traditional educating.

I want this blog to show our friends and family a little window into what homeschooling looks like in our house. Every homeschool family will look a little different. There isn't a box that all homeschoolers fit in. Sure, there are some that fit into a certain stereotype, but not all and certainly not us!

I do want to just put this out there.... We are homeschooling this year. That doesn't mean that other choices in education are wrong, poor choices or anything else. It simply means we want to try this thing out. I wasn't homeschooled and that's ok. My parents did a great job with me. So did Prince Charming's parents. Each family needs to weigh the pros and cons of all the big decisions and pick what's best for their individual family, or even individual children. One kiddo might excel in a classroom, where another might not reach their full potential. And that's the point, right? Doing whatever it takes to help each of our kids reach their full potential in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment