Verse

Proverbs 22:6. Train up a child in the way that he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.(NASB)

Monday, February 25, 2013

40 days of Easter - Days 3-5

Day 3
Today's story is about the fall of man.  Our bible story shows a picture of pomegranate and I think we might snack on one while reading "The Terrible Lie" out of our "Jesus Storybook Bible".  We did apple art too because nobody knows what kind of fruit it was for sure. We talked about how lies and other sins can be really pretty and attractive.  Then we made our snake pretty too.  Then we talked about the pain and suffering sins bring.  Each sin is a result from a lie, because we choose to believe it will be ok this time.  Perhaps we choose to believe nobody is looking, or that we deserve that (candy).


Day 4

Noah's Ark

We focused on the promise God made the world.  Storms are scary for the boys some times so we talked about how God always keeps His promises and that means the whole world will not be flooded again.  While I would have welcomed questions on people dying in the flood they weren't brought up and I didn't feel it was necessary to bring up with the boys this early.  


We did read the story in our bible as well as the card.  I just didn't snap a picture.

Day 5

Tower of  Babel

The boys were pretty confused  about languages.  I didn't really know how to explain it to them even though a few of their cousins speak Spanish frequently.  I tried mentioning how they didn't understand what they were saying sometimes.  I don't know if Batman got it.  We will talk about it again the next time we see them, possibly next week.  


We should be on day 6 already, but after a crazy Saturday I wound up with a migraine all day.  Thankfully due to some miscalculation on the date of Easter I have some wiggle room!

Also be sure to see:




No comments:

Post a Comment